Skip navigation

Creative spam

I received this in my spam folder the other day. I have to hand it to the creator/writer, it is creative, even if incredible: (bold mine)

Dear Arya Pranshu,

It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Mr, Barr. Lee Edward Tan, a Malaysian national and personal Attorney to Late Mr. Richard Pranshu, who passed away on the 11th of November 2002 as a result of a deadly heart disease.

I am contacting you to assist me in securing the fund left behind by my late client, before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where the funds was deposited. The total amount of funds in the account of my deceased client is US$ 8.7 Million (Eight Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United States dollars only).

The Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin/beneficiary to my late client or have the account declared unserviceable. Hence, I am contacting you to seek your consent in presenting you as the next-of-kin/beneficiary to my late client, since you have the same last name. This will enable the proceeds of this account to be paid to you as the legitimate beneficiary/next of kin. Upon conclusion of this transaction, 40% of the total sum will be yours for your honest commitment and positive contributions to enhance the success of this transaction, while the remaining 60% will be mine.

All the legal documentations to back up claims as the deceased next-of-kin will be provided by me. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any infraction of the law.

Kindly note: If this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology, but if on the other hand you deem it fit to assist me, kindly contact me as soon as you can for further details.

Yours faithfully,

Lee Edward Tan.

Leave a Reply

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

Powered By Indic IME