7:57 PM Your (very expensive) car says a lot about you as dating material:
- Bentley Continental GT says: I have money and will shower you with gifts and attention
- Maybach says: Gazillionaire
- Aston Martin DB9 says: hip, cool guy
- Porsche says: 55-year old going through a midlife crisis
- Ferrari says: little dick
- Dodge Viper says: off-the-beaten-path
- Mercedes SL55 AMG and Jaguar XKR say: I have money but I’m still practical
- Cadillac Escalade and Range Rover say: rugged hunter
- Prius says: I care about the environment
8:02 AM In quantum physics, observing an element or particle potentially changes it.
What about photographers who travel to far-off lands and photograph indigenous people? Does observing them change them? Just this morning, in the March ’09 issue of American Photo, I saw the photo above of women picking tea. The woman in focus is staring straight at the camera, which made me wonder how she felt about being photographed. Did she go home and think about it? About who will see the photo, what potential publicity she might receive from it, etc.
Speaking of photography, my new hometown’s big neighbor, Denver, is America’s camera-friendliest city.
Tags: America, American Photo, article, Aston Martin DB9, Bentley Continental GT, Cadillac Escalade, camera-friendly cities, dating, Denver, Dodge Viper, Ferrari, Jaguar XKR, life, list, Maybach, Mercedes SL55 AMG, observing, photo, photography, Porsche;, quantum physics, question, quotation, Range Rover, society